It has been two weeks (almost three) since university started, and I have already submitted 3 assignments and two project reports, I have also had a surprise quiz, and to make it worse, I have an exam tomorrow. When you are in university, the pressure of studies seems to be real.
Handling your social life and studies alongside one another is a great task, and quite possibly, that’s the reason why students find it very difficult to handle the two together. After being in university for so long, I understand how hectic it can be to have surprise quizzes and assignments and excessive work schedule, and at the same time, to handle that social life. I hope I can help you out in managing the busy schedule!
Task 1: Prioritize
- Know what needs to be done
- Rank it in the order of ‘urgent’ to ‘not so urgent’
- Finish the urgent stuff first
Task 2: Use the time between classes effectively
- Try to revise what was done in the previous class
- Review for the next class
Task 3: Keep your study space just for studying
- Our brain associates a particular space, and the atmosphere around it with what we do most there. Such as, our bed is for sleeping and our cupboard is for keeping clothes. If we sleep in our cupboards, our brain would not be able to make sense of it.
- Similarly, choose a place where the only task you have to do is studying.
- This place should also be away from unnecessary distractions like mirrors, novels, posters etc)
Task 4: Learn from my mistake
- So, I had a surprise quiz today, which meant I had no time for prior preparation and it was a subject which was
numerical and formula based. How did I do it then? I couldn’t. There is a possibility that I won’t be able to score in this quiz, just because I didn’t take out time to go through everything that is being done in the subject. So, I say;
- Revise briefly everything that has been done till day in the concerned subject
- Make sure you self-study at home or in your dorm room
Cheers for the academic year guys!
P.s: Today is my 4 year anniversary for this wordpress blog!!! 😀
See you next time