Hey you guys!
I have been MIA for a few weeks now and I apologize for the same. University has started and any time I get off of ‘uni life’ is spent either eating or sleeping. But don’t worry, I promise to keep you amazing people updated at all times.
So today, I would like to share with some ‘University Hacks’ which I hope will help you stay on top of everything. These are methods that I have devised to not miss classes, and to also be able to take part in every party, meeting or orientation session at university. I have also included lots of University advise for freshers. I hope that these tips help all you incoming freshmen have a fantastic start in your respective universities!
- Pick random roommates. My university did not have the option to pick and chose your own roommates, and believe me random roommates is the best way to go. You get to meet new people and make new friends. Who knows, your roommate may be your future best friend!
- Invest in a pair of flip flops or slippers. And when you have those flip flops, always wear them while taking a bath. You have no idea who has been there, and believe me, hostel washroom floors are messy.
- Be early to your classes. Atleast for the first month. It gives a good impression to your professor/instructor.
- This point resonates with the last point I made, but please don’t skip your classes. Make sure you attend your lectures. College or University gives you a freeway to skip class, but if you want to fulfill the purpose of higher education, everything that you will get in quizzes and exams, will be from those lectures.
- Make friends. This is quiet self explanatory, but university is a time when you can meet new people and reinvent yourself. It is not like school where everyone has a predefined notion of who you are, this is new, this is different! 🙂
- If you do not find roommates that share a common interest with you, don’t change your room within the first month. Stay there, and try to maintain a civil and hostile relationship with your roommate. They may end up being compatible roommates.
- Carry a daily/weekly and monthly planner. It will help keep all your appointments in schedule and you will be more organized with everything.
- Always read your time table the night before. My friends missed two of their classes just because they forgot to read the time table correctly. Make sure you go through your time table the night before and early in the morning.
- This is more towards the hygienic side, but take a bath everyday. Please!
- You will have the first week of university as fresher’s week. Make the most of it. You will meet new, different people. There will be orientation sessions so you can ask queries during that time period. You will also have DJ nights and parties in your campus (yes, most of these are official), attend them. Attend that dance party even if you can’t dance. But please note, this point is just for the first week of university.
- Join clubs. If you can’t join lots of clubs, atleast join one club. These college societies are a brilliant way to help you de-stress, meet new people, and share your ideas. Something similar is taking part in open events conducted by the various societies. There are free events for which you can register and have a fun time. You can register for something like that when you know you have a free time slot.
- The last point, and one of the most important points is to have fun, accomplish what you are there for and keep yourself busy. Have healthy food (because food in University is known for the ‘freshmen15’).
Guys I hope you liked this advice post! If you have any more advise for freshers leave it in the comments down below, and if you are a fresher, let me know if this helped you out! 😀
See you next time,