Hey Guys! At times it is confusing to know how much and what all you should carry when you just start the University. It is difficult also because, unlike school, nothing is given to you as written instructions. So if you go to a Day University or College, here is a list of essentials!
- A backpack – Who said school bags are just for school?!
- Subject Notebooks – The type and number of notebooks is a personal choice. I like to carry a single 7 subject notebook for my 6 classes and I keep the seventh section for rough work or conferences that I attend. Some friends of mine, however, carry separate notebooks for every subject.
- Your College ID – Make sure that you have your college ID with you at all times.
- A watch – Always arrive to your classes in time, and if possible, at-least 3-5 minutes early. It not only helps create a good impression but also gives you enough time to settle down.
- Camera (Phone’s camera) – The journey that you take on in a university can only be experienced once in a lifetime and these pictures and videos will always be there with you to cherish these memories.
- Water Bottle – You need to stay hydrated to retain energy.
- Food/Snacks – The lucrative canteens and the delicious fast food joints usually become the abode for college students. However, it is essential to maintain a proper diet. So, you should try and carry something with you.
- Umbrella – It allows flexibility to go from one place to other in changing weather conditions.
Hope this helped you out! All the luck for college! See you next time Srish. xx
I hope you have been good. My end-terms have ended, and my University vacations start soon. I haven’t been so excited for a break in a long time. Since, I do not have much to study, I have been hooked on youtube videos for the past two days.
5SOS sung their new song ‘Permanent Vacation’ for the first time in Lisbon on 4th May. If you like upbeat pop rock music, you will love it! Here is a link to the video (I found it on youtube):
Their stage presence is amazing! There is so much to learn from the way they manage a crowd! :)
Also, while listening to this, I found a video by Tobias Ward covering this song. This guy is truly amazing! You should check out his cover as well. Here’s a link :
After listening to his cover, I think I watched all his previous covers as well! He has a really beautiful voice and his guitar skills are on point!
If you see this Tobias, keep doing what you’re doing and all the best! :D
See you guys soon
(New University Life series post coming soon)
When you enter the University, it is a completely new environment. This creates challenges for those individuals who are introverted or find it difficult to adjust easily in unknown environment. Most students set foot out of the house for the first time when they start University.
If you know some of your friends from school or your locality, or any of your acquaintances who are joining the same University as you; make sure that you don’t end up sharing a room with them. It is known that hen two best friends are together, they can talk to one another for as long as possible without the need of anyone else. So, old friends as roommates makes it difficult to make new friends. It is normal to feel comfortable with people you know, however, this is when you have to get out of your comfort zone and go for a random roommate.
You and your roomie gotta turn this into home =)
I was lucky in this and my University had a random roommate policy for freshmen. This made me find three of my best buddies. It also made me understand with whom am I compatible. I could sketch out the basic needs I had as a roommate, which was very helpful for choosing a roommate for the second year.
A random roommate also helps you make new friends, try and test various friend circles and introduce you to free and different social lives. And ofcourse, later, you can choose your pick!
I hope this helps those who are filling out forms for University this year. Have the best time possible, this is the time you will grow older, mature and let go of the school stereotypes. Have fun at Uni!
Stay tuned with the series. Next up, I talk about what to carry for classes!
Many of you are preparing for University this season and the excitement is not lost on me. Having experienced a few semesters in a University, I believe I can share some of my experiences and give you guys some advice on how to handle the new environment in
the best way possible.
I’ll start with the basics and go on ahead sequentially with the University Life Series.
I really hope that you guys like it. I remember when I was starting Uni, I saw as many videos as I could about everything that I could think about. I garnered as much information possible from peoples’ experiences, their university stories and their blogs. I’ll share with you some of the videos that inspired me to have a great university experience as well in this series.
So stay tuned for further posts in this series. As soon as
they are released, you will be able to search them on this blog under the upcoming ‘University Life’ section of my blog.
#1 Deciding on a Roommate
I’m sorry for being out for so long. Today, what I’d like to share with you is an accidental experiment that worked out beautifully for me.
So, to crack it down, for all you university students, who are struggling to keep your sleep, study and social cycle in balance, I may have found a key. But wait,it is not as simple. You have to work a bit as well.
Here’s a step by step guide! =)
- Check whether you are a morning person or a night person.
- Out of your chosen subjects, rank them in order of difficulty/credits.
- In your time-table make sure you add 2 hours of flexible time.
- Make sure you don’t skip your meals.
- If you have a social event one day, make sure that you get enough sleep after that and you can scoop up time the next day for studies.
- Smile-fake it till you make it.
I hope this helps you out. If you’d like to know more, or if you have any personal questions about sorting out the time table, you can feel free to write to me! :)
But before I leave……..ANNOUNCEMENT!
Would you like to collaborate with me on a project? Submit your name and twitter username/ email ID below. You can also reach me by tweeting me @Srishblogs.