Hey Guys! Today I wanted to talk to you about a Lipstick that I have been loving recently I used to be one of those people who would shy away from lipsticks. I’d stick to light pinks/tinted lip balms. I’m not one for experimenting too much with my appearance. Quiet recently, I started hosting a […]
These few weeks were spent trying to catch up with old buddies that I haven’t seen in a while. It’s a lot of fun meeting old friends that you had lost contact with and to realise that despite being apart you can easily slide back into the same friendship you had. People seemed to have changed a lot, from their hair to their looks and their outlook in life, yet they are somehow the same.
I have always wondered how it is that circumstances make us change, so much sometimes that we completely forget who we used to be. That shy person is suddenly the most outgoing person you know. Remember that really popular mean girl in school, well she isn’t the popular or mean anymore. Growing up does change you, that’s for sure.
On speaking to many others, I realised that some of them had lost their charm. I couldn’t understand them anymore, and I couldn’t picture myself making friends such as those. Was it just them who had changed, or was I responsible for changing myself? The society holds you to many standards, and it is always essential to find what and who you are. You need to stand true to yourselves as well- and this feeling of ‘self’ their individuality was what suddenly went missing.
In other news, L4W is going to come back (again). We would be posting more information on the blog soon and all the details and the categories will be shared on the website as well.
See you next time!
So, I have realised that one of my most popular posts is birthday wishes for my roommate. Now that I think about it, most of you with roommates may be looking for innovative ideas to wish your roommate a very happy birthday. Since this was so in demand, I thought I’d write down various ideas/steps that may help you out.
- Materialistic gifts lose their charm quiet often, however, special thoughts/surprises are always remembered. Cook them their favourite meal and serve them breakfast in bed.
- Instead of buying a cake, why don’t you bake one for them, with their favourite flavours!
- Write down a letter in an old fashioned way and post it to them via a letterbox (yeah the original way). That’ll get them in high spirits.
- Write down lovely messages on paper and put them inside balloons. Once they pop a balloon, they get the message! You can innovate exciting ways in which you’d like them to pop those balloons. We’ve tried it about 10 times and it never gets old.
- Try to recreate a fun old memory/inside joke that you have with your roommate.
- If they are a Harry Potter fan, get them their Hogwarts letter!
- Plan out an outing (for the future) and surprise them by doing all the boring paperwork.
- Volunteer to buy the groceries and do the cleaning. That’s one of the best gifts ever.
- Since Pokemon Go is such a huge thing, volunteer to do the gymming for them! 😛
How to write down your wishes
- Wish them
- Write about your favourite memories. Things/moments that you will cherish forever.
- Why they are an important part of your life.
- Something super cheesy or embarrassing always works!
- Don’t make it formal. It just seems like you don’t mean it, or that you’re trying too hard.
- Include fun little pictures if you can
- Just be you
Hope these ideas help you out!
I recently made vegetarian dairy free pancakes, if you wanna check it out —> https://srishtibirla.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/eggless-banana-and-jamun-pancakes-veganvegetarian-recipe/
Welcome to a new year, 2016!
I hope you had an amazing start to the new year. I for one, enjoyed having a little bit of down time for myself, meeting old friends after (almost) an year and binge watching television.
Over the past few days, I have become a huge fan of the television series Sherlock, and I can’t wait to watch season 4 (soon please!). I also watched the movie ‘Bajirao Mastani’ which is a gorgeous movie and I definitely recommend it!
Most people keep resolutions for themselves as the new year begins. Despite the fact that I don’t really have a resolution, I do want to say that I’d like to live every day of this year in such a way that I always have a smile on my face. No regrets. 🙂
As far as the blog is concerned, I decided to write down quotes in my diary everyday and at the end of each week/month (still deciding), I’ll share with you these quotes. It’s an interesting way to make sure that I’m blogging, and also to keep myself motivated. I hope that the quotes I choose also motivate you guys.
Cheers for a great year ahead!
It has been two weeks (almost three) since university started, and I have already submitted 3 assignments and two project reports, I have also had a surprise quiz, and to make it worse, I have an exam tomorrow. When you are in university, the pressure of studies seems to be real.
Handling your social life and studies alongside one another is a great task, and quite possibly, that’s the reason why students find it very difficult to handle the two together. After being in university for so long, I understand how hectic it can be to have surprise quizzes and assignments and excessive work schedule, and at the same time, to handle that social life. I hope I can help you out in managing the busy schedule!
Task 1: Prioritize
- Know what needs to be done
- Rank it in the order of ‘urgent’ to ‘not so urgent’
- Finish the urgent stuff first
Task 2: Use the time between classes effectively
- Try to revise what was done in the previous class
- Review for the next class
Task 3: Keep your study space just for studying
- Our brain associates a particular space, and the atmosphere around it with what we do most there. Such as, our bed is for sleeping and our cupboard is for keeping clothes. If we sleep in our cupboards, our brain would not be able to make sense of it.
- Similarly, choose a place where the only task you have to do is studying.
- This place should also be away from unnecessary distractions like mirrors, novels, posters etc)
Task 4: Learn from my mistake
- So, I had a surprise quiz today, which meant I had no time for prior preparation and it was a subject which was
numerical and formula based. How did I do it then? I couldn’t. There is a possibility that I won’t be able to score in this quiz, just because I didn’t take out time to go through everything that is being done in the subject. So, I say;
- Revise briefly everything that has been done till day in the concerned subject
- Make sure you self-study at home or in your dorm room
Cheers for the academic year guys!
P.s: Today is my 4 year anniversary for this wordpress blog!!! 😀
See you next time
You’ll walk taller, and as long as you follow your gut, you won’t stray far in life. – Connor Franta
Title : A Work In Progress
Author : Connor Franta
Genre : Memoir
This fascinating memoir portrays the journey of Connor Franta. Yep, our very own Mr Frantastic. Known for his artsy nature, his inspirational videos, imaginative thinking and coffee addiction, he digs deeper and connects with his true self, and then, he shares his journey with his audience.
Connor is humorous in his own way. The chatty nature of his videos comes forward in this novel. The first thing I felt when I started reading this novel was that it actually felt like I was watching one of Connor’s videos. I could see him say the things he was writing, I could hear him smile while he wrote about his childhood, and shared with us letters…
View original post 286 more words
I visited Dubai in October 2014 and am here to write a travelogue/travel guide on a day to day basis!
So, on the first day, we landed in Dubai early in the morning (sometime around 5:30). Our hotel was in a beautiful location, and walking distance from the Dubai Museum and best of all, walking distance to a metro station!
After resting for a bit, my parents and I went out for a little stroll. We walked down to Meena Bazaar, gawked at shops and enjoyed the hustle bustle and the fast pace of the city. We then booked ourselves a a Desert Safari from a Tourist Information Centre. The 4×4 drive car picked us up from the hotel and then we went Dune Bashing. Dune bashing was one of the best experiences I have had, ever.
We then stopped for some sunset photography in the…
View original post 85 more words